Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's 2011 definately bittersweet!

So Valentine's day this year was obviously a very emotional day for us. We said goodbye to our 14 year old lab and then watched our KSU Wildcats beat KU in Bramlage. Oh how sweet it was.

We headed to Manhattan after Brett got out of school. We dropped the boys off with our friend Jenn as she so graciously agreed to watch them while we went to the game. Marty's brother Scott and his wife Barb joined us for dinner before (Scott even bought dinner which this in itself is a shock!!) and then the game. I mentioned to my sister in law that it was the first time in 8 years I had attended a basketball game without at least one of my boys....just a side note.

We then headed to a very full house at Bramlage. I will admit that I went to this game pretty sure we would be able to leave at half time because it would be such a blow out with KU putting it to us, as a lot other Kstaters did too. WOW how wrong was I and glad I was!! I almost gave up my ticket...told Marty he and a buddy should just go, but he told me I needed to attend at least one KSU vs. KU bb game just to experience the atmosphere. So glad I did. With as much trouble and challenging the Cats have had and the fans have had to endure with them this season....we were all there in full force.....Purple Pride thru thick and thin.

Before the game Jordy Nelson, WR for Super Bowl Champs Green Bay, made his way to center court with his wife Emily and son Royal. The Riley County Commission proclaimed 2/14/2011 Jordy Nelson Day!! From then on the evening only got better.....
Jordy on the big screen.
Jordy and his family.

The final score....KSU 84 vs. KU 68....unbelievable.
The students/best fans ever charge the floor.
I understand that this is only one game out of however many we've played and lost to KU, but to see the Cats play so well and have so many things work like we wanted them to all season that was just as awesome as beating the dirty birds.
So even getting home at 1:30 a.m. and then getting everyone up and ready for school today....2/14/2011 was a long and bittersweet day but one we will remember forever.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment