Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bday party favors and paying my mom back....

My crafty friend Summer had to make 25 girl baby shower party favors and she came up with little paper purses that she dolled up with bling, ribbon and feathers and then filled them with candy....they turned out super cute. Go check them and all of her other way cute stuff on her blog... www.thegoodsonsummer.blogspot.com. I told her those would also be a great idea for any girls bday party favors too. Well it just so happens my friend Mel's daughter turns 8 on Valentine's day and is having a girl sleepover to celebrate. I convinced Mel to let me do the party favors....here they are....luckily I only had to do 6. Not sure I could embellish 25 like Summer.
They are done in pink and lime green paper and embellished in the same colors. Aubrie loves lime green. I filled them with a little bottle of hand santitizer, post-it notes and a pen. I put "A" on Aubrie's and her cousin Ava's as Ava's bday is the same week as Aubrie's and they'll celebrate together.
The next couple of items are for my mom per her request. She is also crafty herself (probably where I get my knack for it) and has painted me several things, sewn many a curtains for the lake house, boys room, and just about anything else I've requested...so now its my turn to return the favor(s).
I did a frame for her a couple of posts back that said "Gathering Place...where memories are made with family and friends". This is an interchangeable insert for that frame to put up for Thanksgiving.
This is on a piece of wood that I found at goodwill that had another saying on it that I sanded off and repainted. I "suggested" that she put this on her hopechest on an easel, with all her grandsons pictures.
Sorry for the short and sweet post but that's all I got. Happy Valentine's Day to all. We will be headed Manhattan for the KSU vs. KU basketball game.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment