Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Albright Christmas Extraveganza!!

Well I think Christmas is finally over for us. I have gotten the Christmas decor packed away and the house back to normal...almost. Our Christmas was very busy (like every year I guess) and the weather was just right....NO PRECIPITATION!! However the only bummer of the holiday season was I caught a nasty cold the day before. I don't get sick very often (thank goodness) but when I do it's usually a doozy!! This year was no exception. It was even bad enough I went to the doctor...partially because I knew over the counter meds were not going to kick this and we were traveling for the holidays and I needed to function quickly. Well the meds helped just not as fast as I would have liked. All in all it was a good Christmas and we got to see all our family. We started out on Dec. 23rd at our house with a visit from Santa the night before. The boys were so excited with what he brought. However since I was sick there are few pictures of that morning. Next was the Albright's Christmas Eve day north of Topeka. Then onto my Grandma Theye's Christmas Eve night, near Odell, NE. Christmas Day with the Saathoff's in DeWitt, NE. The 26th Christmas with my Grandpa Theye's family and then home. New Year's was spent at home with the arrival of my parents, brother, girlfriend Jenn, and nephew Steel for our Christmas. As I said it was fast and furious and most people think/say we're crazy for cramming all of it in in such a short amount of time but I think we're blessed because we have so much family and they are all relatively close that we can travel home. I hope all of your holiday gatherings were just as fun as ours.
First up is Blake looking quite handsome before his preschool program.
Here are the boys before heading off to their church program.
Brett is in the front right side. The program was really good even with the limited number of kids we had. One of our high schoolers was in charge of it this year and she did a great job with the kids.
After Blake finished his portion of the program (the preschoolers sang Away in a Manger and another song with the big kids, Blake was also dressed as a shepard boy) he told me he needed to go see Grandma....this is why...he was pooped and needed a lap to crash on.
The Annual Albright Christmas photo....L-R, Erica, Garrett, Emily, Brett, Karlie, Blake.
Christmas Eve at my Grandma Theye's. There are so many traditions with this Christmas gathering...one is the pictures that are taken in front of the tree...each family, siblings, grandkids, grandparents.... here's my fam with the exception of Steel who was with his mom.
The grandkids....this year we were all able to make it to Gma's....which meant we outgrew the parlor and couldn't take our picture in front of the tree. Another tradtion is... I may be the second oldest in this group however I am always and forever the shortest of the group...with the exception of Korey who is only 8. The real kicker is I have 2 inch heeled boots on and am still the shortest.
My mom (teal jacket) and her siblings. They have done this stair-step photo since they were little....however Daylon (black short sleeve shirt) is the youngest but had to move to the back of the line.
This is my Grandpa and Grandma Theye. They will be celebrating their 87th and 85th bdays this year....on July 8th.
And finally the Saathoff-Albright Christmas at our house over New Year's weekend. Brett 8, Steel 6 1/2, Blake 4.
Some of my favorite gifts I got this year...my KSU watch, girls weekend with my roomies, Photoshop (still need to get it loaded on my computer and figure out how to use it), just to name a few.
Best of Luck to you all in 2011!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment