Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1st and hopefully last snow day of 2011!!

Brett had his first snow day today. As you might have noticed in the title I hope it's the last. I hate winter, snow, ice and cold. I know everyone else thinks it's pretty, the kids have such fun...blah blah blah...all I see is mess, clearing the driveway "multiple times" and being cold. However today the boys had a pretty good time sledding down our sidewalk to the back of the house. I even captured the moment....

Here they come...Brett's on his stomach with Blake on top of him on his stomach.
It was surprising that they didn't crash into the boulders when they came down.
However there were some crashes at the bottom....good thing I built up a pile of snow for them to land in.
They then tried Blake sitting with Brett behind him on his knees.
However they crashed before they got to the bottom.
Brett going solo and Blake watching from the stairs. Blake got tired of getting snow in his face mask.
The boys had a good time. I got the driveway cleared.....AGAIN. And we even made a trip out the airport to clear Marty's van off as he returned home from New York today (he left on Sunday). We were all grateful he made it home as he went thru several cancelled flights to get here but still made it home by 4:30 today.
Hopefully this will be my only post regarding snow days....I'm ready for spring in case you were wondering.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment