Thursday, February 2, 2012

Girls Weekend 2012

So for the last 3 Christmas' Marty has gotten me a girls weekend with my 2 roomies (Jill and Kelly) from KSU!! He contacts them and they find a time and place and then I get to find out on Christmas when and where we're going. It's the best gift ever!! This year we headed back to our Alma Mater....KSU/Manhattan. We stayed at the Scenic Valley Bed and Breakfast which just happens to be the place Jill got married 5 years ago. We had lunch in Aggieville, shopped, got pedicures, grabbed a snack before heading to the B and B for a little bit and then off to the men's basketball game (had we pulled off a win, the weekend would have been perfect...however KU lost so it was still a pretty good weekend!!). The 3 of us managed to stay in touch throughout the year with meeting up at KSU football games, we usually try to get a girls weekend at the lakehouse and now even try to manage a couple days at the lakehouse with all our kids!! Our next meeting will be the arrival of Jill's second baby...due March 12th...can't wait!

The three of us outside the bed and breakfast before we headed for home. For whatever reason this is the only picture I took of the weekend...can you believe it...not sure what I was thinkng. Soooo I decided to dig into the past.....
Here are the three of us (Ladies of Legore) sitting on the front porch of the house we lived in...we had just finished our junior year and Jill was going to live with us for our senior year. (Wow we look young! This was obviously before my red phobia set in.)This is one of my favs....just finished our finals our junior year....bend over and grab your ankles and hope for the best. (Your welcome Jill and Kelly....at least we can look at this and remember when our butts were smaller and there were many others (pics) I had that I know you wouldn't want me to post :)! )
This is at the end of our senior year...probably getting ready to hit Aggieville and celebrate!!
One of best/saddest days....we all graduated together in the College of Ag with AgBusiness degrees. We were all excited to have made it out with our degrees but yet we knew we were all moving on to a new life....I got married that September, Kelly moved to Wyoming and Jill moved to Kansas City. However no matter the miles that separated us, we stayed in touch. We were there when each of us got married, we were there when grandparents passed away, parents got sick, and when our babies were born. Someone (my then boyfriend now husband) told me when I left for college..."the people I meet in college will be the friends I make for life"...he was right. However I got lucky as I've known Kelly since we were in 5th grade, she's also responsible for Marty and I meeting and along with Jill she's Blake's Godmother. These two are the sisters God thought I needed. He was right...love ya both!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Just now getting around to checking your blog. Not real happy about the rear-end picture but you had sweet words to say. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete