Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wedding decor, kid decor and more

So have I been working in my room....yes and no....the boys and I got hooked on puzzles after Christmas so I spent time working on those. We are now out of the phase after finishing a 1000 piece on that is going to be hung in our lakehouse. So what I have to show you is totally random projects I've finished.

First up is a Christmas decor project I started a year ago...didn't get it finished for this Christmas but it is now ready to go for next Christmas. These were plain white stars my mom had and I covered them with Christmas paper and mod podged them with glitter glue. I'm thinking they will look nice on the mantle next Christmas.
This a little frame I made up for a little girl who's mom used to work for me at KSU in the Cashier's office.My roommate Kelly gave me this "K" bulletin board that was from her room and I redid it for my niece Karlie who's birthday is next week. A little pink paint and some bedazzled thumb tacks and it's ready to go. Happy Birthday Karlie Ann...it'll be in the mail to you tomorrow.
I stole this idea from Pinterest (love this site however it sucks me in and I lose track of time sometimes). I have an ample supply of white buttons thanks to roommate Jill who got me large jar of buttons at a sale. So I decided to put use to the ample supply of buttons. So Jill's little girl Rachael is getting one as is Kelly's little girl, Anna.
This is for my friend Mel, who is always willing to hang my stuff in her house.
I've also been asked to help with a couple of weddings this year....Marty's little sister Kay will marry long time beau Trent in September. I stole this idea also from Pinterest. This will sit on the gift table and collect the cards from guests.

Again a stolen idea from Pinterest.
My cousin Kasey is also getting married this year (June) and asked for some help. I put their names/initial on these glass cubes. My mom is going to put lights in them and they'll be used for decor her reception.
This is also for Kasey's reception...my grandma is going to make jars for grape jelly for the guests to take as a favor.
Well that's it for now. I need to box up some stuff and get it in the mail to some sweet little girls...watch the mailbox Miss Rachael, Miss Anna and Miss Karlie!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment