Monday, August 8, 2011

San Diego 2011...Warning...Picture overload.

Ok so here is a quick recap of our trip to San Diego. It was a great week there and the weather was perfect. Of course anything would have been better than what home was while we were gone (KS 110 plus, San Diego 76 was the high). The boys and the baggage leaving Wichita airport early Saturday morning. (Yes we have purple luggage and they even have KSU ribbon tied on them....makes them very easy to find in baggage claim).
Our home away from home...Paradise Point. Our room was right off the beach so the boys had lots of sand and water to play in along with the pools and hot tubs located around the resort.
The next couple of pics are views walking around the resort. So pretty. There was a wedding at this spot when we went to dinner, which is why there are the white chairs to the left.
I love adirondack chairs.
The boys playing in the bay right outside our room. The water was a little chilly but they got in upto the knees at least.
Photo op for mom.
Another photo op for mom...Blake has the goofy look on his face because when he was smiling he was closing his eyes so I told him to open his eyes and this is what I got. Goof ball!!
The first night we were there we ate at Barefoot bar and grill at the resort and Blake literally fell asleep while eating a french fry. I'm sure getting up at 6 a.m. flying to CA and then swimming for awhile had something to do with his exhaustion.
The boys swimming at one of the pools at the resort.
Another photo op for mom.
Probably one of my most favorite pics from the trip....the boys at the ocean at sunset.
Waiting for the Shamu show.
Kissing Whales.
Of all the shows (7 total) we saw, the sea lions and otter was our favorite. It was very entertaining. This is Oppy the otter.
One of the star sea lions...Clyde.
Blake pretty much used the back of his dad's wheelchair as his personal transportation where we were. It worked out really well as he would never have been able to keep up and it kept me from dragging him or carrying him, plus we didn't have to mess with a stroller that way.
Self portrait of me and the boys waiting for the dolphin show....we sat in the soak zone. I didn't think we would get that wet....I was wrong.
This is what we looked like after wards. Good thing we brought extra clothes that were in the van.
There was a Sesame Street theatre that put on a 4D movie which we watched while waiting for the night shows to start. Nice glasses boys!
Blake playing with my camera and me enjoying the view in my favorite kind of chair.
We also toured the USS Midway. Marty and Brett love this kind of stuff. I'm not big on museums so Blake and I did the walk thru while Marty and Brett did a more detailed tour. The boys liked climbing in the airplanes on the flight deck.
My big purchase on the trip was my very sparkly visor. Had they not been $20 each I would've come home with a purple, pink, and lime green too. However black goes with everything so I settled for that one.
We also took in the San Diego zoo. Its a very large and beautiful zoo....however I found it a little confusing as there was so much to see and so many paths...Marty and I were always looking at the map to make sure we didn't miss anything. Our favorites at the zoo were the koala bears and panda bears.
Photo Op.
Blake found a nice rock to sit on while waiting for Marty to return with a cherry slushy...we were half thru the zoo at this point but he was fading fast. Luckily the cherry slushy gave him some energy to finish.
I of course took more photos ops playing in the sand.
When I think of San Diego this is what I want to remember....
Last but not least...family photo op....this is right outside the back door of our room. This may be Christmas card worthy this year...we'll see.
I highly recommend San Diego, especially in July if you live in KS as the weather there can't be beat. I loved eating great seafood all week long. I loved being able to go outside and see the sights and actually enjoy the weather.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My favorite photos from the trip are the before and after at the dolphin show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looks like it was fantastic! We have friends from here that just moved back to SD...maybe we can visit there the summer we move back. Glad you had such a great trip and I LOVE PICTURE OVERLOAD! Have a good week of school starting.

    ReplyDelete