Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's all about boys....

So last weekend my nephew, Steel, got to spend the weekend with us. Marty had all three of them Friday night solo as I was home to Topeka to pick up my Cali (mini dachshund) from my mom's. I'm not sure what all took place that night but I know they had a good time. Then on Saturday Marty took them bowling and I got back to town in time to meet them for lunch. After lunch I brought the boys home and we headed to pool.
The boys pretty much had the pool to themselves towards the end and they entertained me with their "diving show".
Here are Steel (left) and Brett (right) doing flips.
Brett and Steel doing a simultaneous dive.
Blake finally joins the show making it the "triple dive".
They called this one their "Wildcat jump". Notice their claws....they also had a growl that went with it.
This is a random pic that i couldn't help not posting. Blake likes to sleep in Brett's bed as it's a full size. Brett doesn't always care for this but in the end he tolerates him. So even though we had just returned from vacay where they had to sleep together on a pull out couch, Blake still wanted to sleep with Brett when we returned. This is my reminder that even though they fight and bicker most of the time, they really do love each other.
So tonight since the weather has finally decided to be kind to us and we can actually go out and enjoy it Marty was working with Brett on some baseball skills. Brett is playing a short fall league of kid pitch baseball this year in hopes to prep his team for next summer's season. So Marty was working on tagging a runner aka Blake, when leading off or stealing a base.
Blake slides back to first in hopes of avoiding the out.
The summer is winding down and school starts this week. Blake's first day is Wednesday and Brett's is Thursday. I'm looking forward to getting our school routine back aka mom goes to the Y (which is very much needed). I think both boys are ready to go too. Brett will have a crazy busy fall with football and baseball but that's the life of a kid right?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment