Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gifts, gifts and more gifts.....

This week has been busy finishing up school for the boys (Blake finished last Friday and Brett is done this Thursday). I also have been doing gift orders....lucky for me I have friends and family returning to me for orders for their friends and family.

Jill, my roomie from KSU, called last week wanting to know what I could do for her regarding ladybugs as she is hosting a baby shower for a friend who is having a girl and the nursery is done in ladybugs. Well this is what I came up with....

A frame for the new parents to put a picture of their "little ladybug".
Also a buckets to put whatever baby needs they need to store...could be to hold bath stuff, diapering stuff or just baby stuff. The saying on it says... Butterfly kisses and ladybug hugs.

Next is a frame I did for Brett's teacher, Mrs. Unrein. This was her first year that she had her own class, (last year she was the computer teacher for the school). She did a great job and we all enjoyed Brett's 2nd grade year.

Brett delivered it to her today and she loved it so much she emailed me today and asked if I could make her 3 of these for her to give to co-workers that have helped her have a successful year. I was excited to know she loved her frame and wanted me to make more. (FYI...the little guy in the right hand corner of the frame is a Wheat Warrior as Brett's school is Wheatland Elementary). So here are the frames for Mrs. Unrein's co-workers. Thanks again for requesting these Mrs. Unrein!!

My SIL Kay, who is now officially graduated from KSU, and you know what that means....weddings, wedding and more weddings to attend. Lucky for me, she's doing her shopping at Refurbished Riff Raff. The next four tiles are for her to give to friends who are getting married this summer and fall. Thanks Kay for shopping :)!





Friday will be Marty's younger brother's 40th bday. We are headed to Topeka to meet up with them at my niece's ball game and then dinner and drinks with family and friends to celebrate this milestone with him. We don't normally do gifts for birthday for the adults but since this is such an important birthday I thought I should do something for him. So I came up with this

He and Marty's dad farm together on the home place. I've done this same design for my father-in-law on a frame 2 Christmas' ago. However the brand on the cattle is on the wrong hip in the frame as Scott so kindly pointed out when my FIL opened it. So I made sure I flipped the cattle to put the brand on the correct hip for him. I'm still going to fix my FIL's frame just haven't gotten to it yet.

And last but not least a picture of our newest "pet".....Barney.

This little guy lives in our backyard under the evergreens by our patio. I can see him out my window when I'm working in my room. He's so stinking cute. Not only did we have a baby bunny born this spring at our house, but also two sets of birds, one in the back evergreens that I never did figure out what they were and then a robin made her nest in my lilac tree right outside my front door. It was fun to watch her and her babies hatch (I actually looked in the nest when one baby was just coming out of the egg). I also got to watch the young robins take their first flight as I was pulling weeds near the tree and must have spooked them enough for them to leave the nest.


Well that's it for not. Like I said Brett's last day is Thursday, we're headed to Topeka Friday and then it'll be time at the lakehouse for the Memorial Holiday weekend.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment