Saturday, March 19, 2011

Orders signed, sealed and delivered....

Things have been a little slow in my room lately....not sure what that's all about maybe it's because spring is approaching and we've been able to go outside... I'm in the process of cleaning out our mulch beds and preparing to spread new mulch. I love to mulch as it's instant gratification and everything looks so nice when it's done. However before that can happen one must remove the dead leaves and WEEDS....I barely see any green from my bushes but yet there are green WEEDS in my beds already. All of my grasses got haircuts last week and so now things look "naked", however we are getting some rain today so I'm sure it won't be long and they'll be green again. So that's my excuse for lack of posts and projects....HOWEVER I do have a few to share.

I posted previously a WSU candy jar that I did for a friend who is helping with the WSU Shocker Auction coming up in May. I have since then done a few more things for her to add to her list of donations. I am by know means a Shocker fan but it's free advertising and who doesn't like FREE!!

This is a mirror Mel brought me and said "here do something with this so people will bid on it".... .....so this is what I came up with.....
A frosted mirror with the WSU logo in the middle. It turned out really cool and pretty easy to do so I am definately going to be on the hunt for a mirror so I can make one more "my style"...."ksu style" that is.
She also found this cooler and said she needed it "WSU'ed" too.
And another candy jar.
Another mirror
Then I received and an email from a friend of my SIL that wanted two name frames (one for a shower gift and one for her parents). I haven't done name frames since Christmas so it was nice to do a couple of these. And it worked out that I was able to get them both done and deliver them to her last weekend when I was headed to my in-laws. I thought they turned out nice and Julie was excited to "gift" them. Thanks again Julie for thinking of me for your gift purchases.

And last but not least something totally random.....the other night Marty went to check on the boys before he headed to bed and this is how he found Brett (who is 8 1/2)...all cuddled up with his "Blankie" and "Blue" (his purple afghan and blue bear he's carried around since he was a baby). Now if this doesn't scream blackmail to use at his high school graduation or to show his prom date I don't know what does.
Blake also had a "Blankie" and "Cow" that he carries around so I will no doubt have a blackmail photo of him too.
Hope everyone that has a spring break enjoys it. We are headed to Omaha, NE to visit the zoo, Children's Museum, and Coco Keys. We will be able to stop at Gma and Gpa Theye's on the way Monday for supper and then end the week with a visit to Kansas City as Marty has a meeting on Thursday. The weather doesn't exactly scream spring as it's going to be chilly but at least we won't see any snow....I HOPE!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment