Saturday, March 5, 2011

3 posts in one day???!! What's the dealio!

Apparently I'm on a roll with my posting today. Just a few items that I completed in my room this week. As much as I love making things for people as gifts or requests I'm really kind of enjoying doing things for myself these days. Who knows I may break out my scrapbooks and work on them...I haven't touched them in over a year....it's almost overwhelming to know how many pics should be scrapped.

Again some of you may not understand these next two items unless your a pet owner or animal lover...but I was able to bring Bailey home this week. Yes, I had my dog cremated. I put her picture and a poem that a friend sent me the day she died on the box that holds her ashes. I also cut her name out of vinyl with the dates on the front.
The vet also made a print of her paw which they gave me and I put it in a small shadow box, with her collar and a picture of her.
Onto more fun things...I found ceramic football and basketball banks (two on the right) in the dollar spot at Target and Brett was in need of some new banks. So to make them more 'his' I added a powercat and his name to each. He enjoyed going thru his money and putting them in the banks....he keeps his "funny money" as he calls it (money that Marty ends up bringing home from his trips to England, Switzerland, Austrailia thus far) in the basketball and his "real money" in the football.
Blake's banks are the ones on the left (KSU player and football). I didn't have to add to much to his fooball player except on the back.....
I added "Albright". Nothing too exciting just quick, simple and personalized and what kid doesn't love their name on stuff.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment