Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer + Friends = Fun

As the title says, we've had lots of friend time this last week so that means fun for the kids and moms. First up our friends the Koster's are home for the summer from Singapore. They are on their 3rd year over there and we all hope they will be home for good within the next year or two. They were able to squeeze in a playdate with us with their crazy busy schedule and we are so very grateful for it. The kids had fun playing and Cari and I got caught up. They will be home again for Christmas but again they have a full schedule when they come home but hopefully we can squeeze in another visit then. We miss you already Kosters!!

The kids: Kourtney, Brett, David, Blake and Gabe.


On Thursday the boys and I headed to the lake to meet up with my KSU roomies, Kelly and Jill and their kids. We've made this an annual event the last two summers as it just happens to be Jill's little girl, Rachael, bday month (her bday is July 16) plus the kids don't ever get together to play due to logistics. So we met up for fun in the lake and a bday party for Rachael.

Garrett and Brett played hard on the tubes.
This is Miss Anna aka The Fish. She loves to swim!!

Miss Rachael and Jill along with Abby who happens to be one of Rachael's babysitters. Jill asked Abby and her sister Ivy if they would come along to the lake to help with all the kids. We are forever grateful for all their help.
Rachael braved going down the slide as long as Abby and Ivy would catch her.
Rachael and Blake lounging in a floatie.
Rachael also braved a ride on the tube with of course Abby and Ivy with her. You can't see Rachael but she's in the middle. She loved it and wanted to go faster. Brave little girl for only being 2!!
After fun in the lake we headed in for supper, bday cake and presants for Rachael.

Miss Rachael's ladybug cake I made her.The whole clan....left to right (Kelly's kids) Sam, Anna, Garrett, (Jill's) Bday girl Rachael, and (Mine) Brett and Blake.
All singing Happy Birthday to Rachael. She sang to herself too!!
Make a wish Miss R!!
And of course the whole gang needs to make a wish too.
Rachael....one of my favorite little girls. I love ya!!
I told Rachael to give me her silly face and this is what I got.....such a silly girl.
Jill came with gifts for all the kids even Abby and Ivy....they all got travel pillows with pillow cases that she stitched their names on with her fancy new sewing machine. All the little kids got KSU cases and Abby and Ivy got pink polka dots.
Jill even made me a pillow case for my little pillow that I've had forever and her and Kelly like to make fun of me for carrying it around since before college. Jill was appalled to learn that my original pillowcase was held shut with safety pins so she me a new one with Maxine comic print (it's really fun) with velco to close the ends. Thanks Jill for making my pillow new again and "safe".
This morning I caught Blake and Sam playing the DS and they were both giggling. I'm not sure what they were playing but their little belly laughs were too cute.
It's been a busy couple of days. We are taking the weekend off from the lake and staying home (first weekend home since May I think). On Monday we have another playdate with a friend and her kids that are back from WI for a summer visit. And next weekend is more company at the lake....my cousin Katie and her family are coming for more fun in the sun. Looking forward to it!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment