Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gifts and more done and given

So even with our busy summer schedule I have found some time to be in my room and get some gifts done for others.

First up is a little jewelry box that my friend Kelly found at a Goodwill store for her daughter. I told her I could "dress it up" for her and this is what I came up with.




I also scrapbooked a gift for my Grandma's 85th birthday which we celebrated this last weekend. My mom came up with the idea that all of us grandchildren and great grandchildren should take pictures with the quilts our Grandma has made over the years for us. All of us were given a baby quilt when we were born, and then a full size quilt when when were in high school or there abouts. Some of us even had her make tshirt quilts out of our high school or college shirts and or just a patch tie quilt for every day use. Personally my tshirt quilt is my favorite...it's just the right size, thickness, and is my go to blanket when I don't feel good. She was surprised by the gift and didn't remember making ALL those quilts.

Here is my page in her book.....


My Aunt Jody also asked me to do something for her using an old frame she found....(fyi..old frames are the best....love their textures). She is going to hang this with a couple of pics she already has. Thanks Jody for letting me help you finish your wall decor!!


I also had a couple of requests for some tiles for up coming wedding gifts for my mom and my cousin Kristy. Thanks ladies for letting help with the gift giving!!



This one is done on a smaller tile....8x10. Still looks nice just on a smaller scale.

Well that's it for now....hopefully I'll have some more gifts to post soon...however I need to design them, create them and complete them first.

Thanks for stopping by....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment