Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer is off and running

It's only the second week of summer and we are off and running. Blake has started us off with swim lessons in the morning. Along with that we've made several other accomplishments. First Blake learned to ride his bike without training wheels. I was out mowing and told the boys to come outside as soon as they were done.  I didn't see them for quite awhile and was about to go find them when I see Blake running towards me with his bike helmet on and a big smile.  Brett was right behind him riding his bike without the training wheels and Blake says...."Mom I'm gonna ride with out my training wheels".  I'm thinking I really don't have time right now (in the middle of mowing) to help him but I had Brett run the mower while I got Blake started.  It took 2-3 tries with my help and he was off....he even figured out how to get started on his own.  He was soooo proud of himself.  He's had a couple of minor crashes, scrapes and bruises but he's still riding.

This is what I found later in the day....bike riding is tough work apparently.
Brett and his dad decided that during the last haircut I was giving, Brett should have a mohawk....why I'm not sure.  Next haircut it's getting buzzed off.  Luckily Brett's to lazy to fix if everyday so it's hardly noticeable.
The wheat this year may be early but it sure is pretty.  This field is right in front of our new house in the country currently under construction.  And this is probably the best picture Blake has taken since he was a baby.


Blake also decided that he needed to update his scooter.  He had 3 wheeled scooter but thought he was ready for a 2 wheeled like Brett's.  So he found one at a garage sale and had to have it....even though it was RED.  (We don't do red....on anything or ever!!)  So I told him we'd get it but I was going to repaint it.  Thumbs down on the Red!!
Thumbs up on the silver and purple.
Silver paint, purple flames, with KSU decor.  Much better!!
We are full swing in baseball season now as Blake has also started so Marty and I find ourselves dividing and conquering different fields.  This week we are at the ballfield every night but Thursday.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures of the boys in the wheat. Great job on the scooter makeover. Of course it is purple and gray. :-) Enjoy the boy's sports.

    ReplyDelete