Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's been awhile...

So it's been awhile since I've made a post....I guess nothing exciting has happened or we are enjoying the spring like weather which means it's time to give the outside a little TLC. However I have been able to work in my room a little for others. My future SIL asked me to do a frame for her girlfriend who just moved into their new house. (For whatever reason I forgot to take a pic of the finished product but this is it before the ribbon was added.)A couple of weeks ago Brett's teacher, Mrs. Lee, asked if I would do a few frames for her girls and husband. These will be their Easter gifts. Her husband is a coach for the Wichita Wild Indoor Football team so she had me make something for him too.
Mrs. Lee also asked if I could meet with one of the 4th grade teachers, Mrs. Pauling, as she also wanted to know if I could create something for her. Her request was a little different however quite fun. She had this barstool in her room and a picture of one she found on the internet that was all decored/blinged out. I was a little nervous about this as I wasn't quite sure how or what I was going to do this. She was very easy to work with as she gave me colors she liked and said do whatever. Soooooo I did. The before shot.
The after of being blinged/decored.
It was fun once I figured out what to do and after the painting was done...that was probably my least favorite of the process. Hopefully she and her class will enjoy it.
Blake is also playing soccer. He's very much excited about playing, not so much for the sport itself but the fact he gets to play something and Brett doesn't. (Even though Brett is quite busy himself with baseball practice starting this month too.)
First game Blake played goalie. It was a rough first game as he had forgotten a lot from last year. But the second game it all clicked with him and the rest of the team.
Blake does a good job of staying involved in the game and paying attention when the ball is on his side of the field.

Playing defense.
Game over...lining up to shake hands with the other team.
It's spring break next week for the boys. No special plans for us, however we will be making a trip to the big town of Lebo to see roomie Jill's new baby girl. Rebecca Ann was born last Monday. I'm excited to see her and her sister Rachael. Hopefully the weather cooperates and lets us enjoy the break.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love the stool woman! Nicely done!! Miss watching the munchkins playing soccer, cute pics.

    Putting this out there, we need to think about another S-n-B trip in the near future (2013) it's been too long. We should look at heading to Wisconsin to see Wendy and get some gooOOD cheese.

    ReplyDelete