Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Blake basketball, KSU basketball and Packers football....

Saturday was the beginning of a busy weekend....Brett had basketball practice at 8:30 a.m., then Blake had his last basketball game at 10:15 a.m. and we then headed to Topeka to drop Christmas stuff off at my parents house and then we all met my brother, girlfriend and nephew in Lawrence to take my mom out for her birthday lunch. After that we headed to Kansas City where we watched the Cats take on Alabama at the Sprint Center. After a rough start the Cats pulled out a win. We stayed in KC as on Sunday we went to the Chiefs vs. Packers game (the boys bday gift this year). Here are some pics to recap the weekend.....

Blake's game....for whatever reason Blake tends to stand with his hands on his hips alot, we do not know why he does this.
Playing defense.Last game means medals.
Packers vs. Chiefs. The upside to this whole day was that the weather was decent and we didn't freeze to death. Yes I along with the boys we're rooting for the Packers. Marty was rooting for the Chiefs. I'll admit I figured this game was going to be a blow out....I mean...the Chiefs just fired their headcoach, they were like on their 4th quarterback and how many games have they choked on this year. Well Sunday was definately their day to prove something and good for them...but why did they have to pick the game where we were rooting for the other team and the game where we wanted to see Jordy Nelson shine like he has all season. I'm not sure who felt worse after the game, me or Brett. I so wanted Jordy to have a good game so Brett could see it live. Oh well...everyone's entitled to have a bad game/day and it was the Packers/Jordy's turn I guess. However it was a neat experience for us and the boys.
My little 'cheeseheads'.
We had really good seats...thanks Marty/Dad!!
Jordy during warm-ups.
Clay Matthews...another fav of Brett's.
Getting ready for kick-off.
Jordy waiting for kick-off.
During half-time a local boys football team played the "Mascots"...various mascots from the KC area. It was pretty funny.

Last but not least...Christmas is days away, the boys are officially on break, and we are ready...I think. Our travels will be short and sweet...Saturday we'll be at Marty's family and Sunday we'll go to NE to see my grandparents before heading back to Wichita. All of this provided weather permitting....most people would like to have a white Christmas...I do not!! If it's going to to snow it needs to wait until after we get back from the bowl game. We will celebrate Christmas with my family New Year's weekend.
My final project for this year was something for myself.....
if you look closely the manger is a footprint (Blake's). I saw this idea on Pinterest (great place to get ideas and waste valuable time) and I'm a sucker for things made with kids footprints/handprints. I wasn't sure what I wanted to put it on but decided my Grandma Saathoff's pie plate was perfect. She made the best peach pie (or any flavor for that matter) and it's something I miss along with her during the holidays, but now I will always have a little reminder of her displayed.
From my family to yours....Merry Christmas and God's Blessings in 2012!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment